Monday, March 19, 2007

A decision

So the question then was where was Andy in all of this... on board he was, but waiting for the same clear confirmation. He went to New Orleans on a mission trip in March and during that month leading up to it, it about did me in to keep my mouth shut in asking him what he was thinking. Before he left, I asked him, "When do you think you will know if you are ready to adopt?" He said in all out manly fashion, " I will give you an answer when I get back." I said, how do you know you will know then?" He said, "I just will."...

Andy listened to a sermon in New Orleans at 7 am by a preacher and twenty minutes was about adoption--adopting people in your life, community, church. There were so many drips ((a saying coined in the movie "Amazing Grace" where the butler asks William Wilberforce (the man who Andy did his seminary thesis on), how do you know God is speaking....He describes it as not a flash of lightning, but drippings)).

The culmination of all our "drippings" was when Andy came home and said, "I am ready to adopt!" Yiphee...

No comments: