

Miss Sydney was more than excited to go to school and carry her backpack and lunch box. She was so sad when she met the teacher the week before, but thankfully I clued in and talked her up all weekend. She told me before we left, "I gonna be a big girl, I not gonna cry." Yiphee.... she sprinted in her room and never looked back. When I picked her up, she was on her tummy with legs crossed, and chin in her hands listening to a book. She saw me and ran to me.... melted my heart for sure.
Andrew was pretty quiet, yet had that look of just joy. I think he has watched his brothers go to school for three weeks and thought, am I stuck with mom all day? He ran in as well and made two friends immediately. He said when we got out of the car, "There aren't very many brown people here." Then he saw an Indian boy and said, "Oh there is one." So amazing what they see. He asked me one other time two weeks ago, "Are there going to be a lot of brown people here?" I said, "yes there are" as we were going to meet families who had all adopted. I said "Do you want there to be?" He said, "I don't care; I hope they are rainbow colored, brown, or white."
2 comments:
She is beautiful.
Ok Martha....did you do her hair here? :) I'm sure you did! I'm way impressed. I did have a friend come over last weekend and she gave me some great tips! I am starting to feel more comfortable but still its just so time consuming!
Post a Comment