Thursday, October 7, 2010

Off to our college reunion




Where to begin on all the thoughts I have had on going away for the weekend with my husband. We haven't been away in almost two years and before that another two years. We have tried to go away once a year, but it seems that the past few have been hard to manage that time. It is here... our 10 year college reunion. To go to Lexington, VA where my favorite weather in the world lies gets me excited. I can't wait for the 8 hour drive with just Andy. I am just looking forward to getting bored of conversation and not being in any rush to say anything! To sleep in, to have a beer watching a fun Blue Grass band on a sunny day, to catch up with old friends, and to just reminisce on where I met Andy and where I also became a Christian. Lexington has such rich memories for me, both good and bad, but they are memories that shaped who I am today. I am excited to hear of all that God is doing and has done in people that I went to college with. I just feel incredibly blessed that people are willing to watch my children to give us a weekend away.

No comments: