Monday, November 8, 2010
I see a Rainbow!
As a mother there are times I wake up and think, "How in the world can I get all this done? From couponing, to grocery shopping, to fixing dinner, to keeping the house clean, to deep cleaning, to hugging boo boos, to doing Sydney's hair, etc..." A few days ago, I was beginning to see the ring around all three of my potties and thinking, hummm, it is time. Where can I find the 6 hours to deep clean the house? It was about 8 am in the morning and I hear Sydney scream from upstairs, "Mommy, I see a rainbow!!! I see a rainbow!!!!" I thought, I will go up and "ooh" and "ahh" over it to make her happy. I am assuming she is gazing out the children's bathroom window, when I walk into the kids bathroom and see her staring into the potty at the pinkish/red ring around the potty. She looks right at me and says, "Like Hawaii!!! Two rainbows!" How can I worry over cleaning such a beautiful picture. I then went with Andy Stanley's theme of "Choosing to Cheat", which is where you choose which areas have to go. It is called letting go of the perfectionism and doing just what needs to be done. I cleaned those rings, wiped down a few eye sores and called it a day! No one would ever know about the grime underneath at least for today.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome....
Wow! What a sweet story! Good for you for letting go of some things. :-)
Lisa Allen
Post a Comment