There is something about the day Dec. 1rst, you just feel Christmas coming on. You are still thinking, whew I have 24 days to get it all done, but you are also knowing that it goes so fast! I love each Christmas season when you hear those new carols that just make you cry in the car. My favorites this year are by Caedmon's Call, "It cam upon a midnight clear" where you hear the children sing the chorus. Anytime I hear children's voices like that, I get emotional. The other one is Amy Grant's, "I need a silent night." Seriously, who doesn't love some Amy Grant! I just keep belting out "I need a Silent Night!". I can picture the quiet at 11 pm with candlelight, picturing how quiet and cold it was on that Bethlehem night, yet how still it was. No texting, no emails, no busyness, no MALLS!!!!
Here are the wreaths I love to make each year that my mom made all the time. They are the easiest recipe and so delicious!
1/2 c butter
40 regular marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp. green food coloring
6 cups corn flakes
red hots
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add marshmallows and cook over low heat, stirring frequently until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and food coloring to desired shade of green. Add corn flakes and blend, stirring and mixing gently until all corn flakes are coated. With 2 teaspoons or buttered fingers, shape golf-ball size portions into wreaths on wax paper. Put 3 red cinnamon candies at intervals on each wreath to look like holly berries. Makes about 24. Put on wax paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment