Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wherever he ends up...






The first picture is of Andrew the other night when we went to bed. He is used to a crib so you can see in his bed that he ends up wherever. Thankfully we came in to check on him. Pretty cute.

The next ones were this morning after breakfast. I realized poor Sydney needs some more pictures. She just seems to be sleeping every time I have the camera out. I just put them all in bed and Andy is out with some friends at a pool hall! Imagine getting a break? Poor thing has taken him 5 days to get the lawn mowed after work because someone is always in need. We went to a friend's for dinner with my four and her four so he could get some time to himself. I know he was relieved to just sit in his own house and relax.

I had a friend say to me recently when talking of August when Andy goes back to work and I was questioning, how will I survive?... Her response was so good and one that just stuck with me. "You are living in fear"... don't do that. God will take care of you then. I have thought of this so much and thought of how it is so true. Why do we rely on the "things" of this world such as Andy being home from work versus just God's strength. He will provide for us then as He does now in ways we just can't see now. I was so encouraged to hear these words.

1 peter 5:6-11

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Disciopline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary the devil prowls around looking for someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in your faith, for you know that your brothers and sisters in all the world are undergoing the same kinds of suffering. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the power forever and ever."

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I just love reading your blog Martha. I'm a friend of Shea's. We have three biological kids, but are hoping to adopt. Your story is so encouraging. Thank you for your honesty and for sharing your journey.

The Kester Family said...

Martha and Andy, Ross and I are simply amazed by you two! I was absolutely thrilled when I saw the picture of the four children together and realized that you all have adopted siblings. I am going to share this with some friends that are patiently waiting to adopt. We miss you guys and will be praying for you 6! MK and Ross