


OH Thanksgiving, how wondrous it was to get there and just be taken care of. I don't think I got up with the kids one morning until about an hour later of slowing opening my eyes. I have been craving that for 6 months, to know they were fine, but just to awaken on my own time. I found myself just in bliss at times. I got to sit so many hours and just chat while the boys played outside with their new toy guns, john deere tractor riding, and just the outdoors. Virginia is truly the most beautiful place I have been; I just crave the mountains in my soul. There is nothing like my grandmother's place on the farm where my aunt and uncle now live where you just stare at the open space, mountain, and beauty. It just doesn't feel the same staring at strip malls these days...
Bobby was dying to put on a "Pocahontas" play so my Dad was a great sport and edited the version at Plymouth Rock and put it at Jamestown for entertainment. He was Powatan and Thomas wanted to be John Smith... quite amusing. You can see from the last picture those are all the cousins, only little Sydney was outnumbered by the Indians and the Pilgrims...
We were thankful this year beyond all measure. I watched Andrew swim in the bath today by himself and play with a boat for an hour and just thought to myself, "he wouldn't have had this experience if he didn't live here." Those moments I cherish; sometimes life is going so fast I don't get to get the perspective, but when I do, it is breath-taking.
No comments:
Post a Comment