Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

We are about to head off for our break and boy, packing 4 children... whew... I haven't been the most pleasant to be with today. I finally got them set up with markers, chap stick (random), and paper while we wait for andy to come home. I am trying to reflect and think, this is a season... The kids are so excited and so are we. I can't wait to not have to cook, clean, have extra hands, and just get to be as a family. These are the times where memories are just etched into your mind. Lots to be thankful for this year. I just fed them a snack and stared over at Andrew as he asked me 30 times for more cheese and hummus and thought, wow, what was he doing 6 months ago? What was it like for him to ride in the van to the big city of Addis Ababa? Was he smiling? Was he scared? Completely of unaware of his fate to come... isn't that so much of our lives. The unknown... I didn't even know when we named our blog how much it would be the truest thing I couldv'e written. Surrendering to the unknown....The unknown is so much better than the known in the END. Sometimes the END is so far for some people; sometimes it is just around the corner; sometimes it is in heaven... thankfully it all ends so beautifully. With much thanks.

No comments: