Saturday, September 12, 2009

A week that defines you

It is difficult to know what to write at times when you just want to sit and dump out the millions of thoughts you have had and pick a few to share with friends. I think of the verse in Hebrews I think where it talks about how we must "spur one another along in love and good deeds" (or something like that), and I am seeing ths blog world so similarly to Paul's letters to the different churches. Given there are millions of these letters in the blog world, but when you pick a hand full you get a glimpse of the Lord's hand in other's lives.

Last week, a man drove up to our driveway and asked my oldest two, "Is your Mommy home?" Bobby said "yes"... He then said, "Come here. Come open my car door." Well if anyone knows my child, the radar went off and he yelled for Thomas to get inside. They came inside yelling and screaming, and Thomas was so mad at Bobby for making him come inside. I won't go into all the details here on the blog, but those are the facts. Bobby is a rule follower, by the book, intuitive, and was made for this moment. There are times in my life I pray "Lord, help me with this amazing child because he asks 1000 questions!" But here, I heard it loud and clear, this personality was made by ME (God) for a reason. I am so thankful at this moment, he knew to run. For a week now, I am just different. I see it all so differently. I don't know exactly how different, but it was right in front of my eyes where everything about my life could have changed and somehow I was spared? There are people in the world that are not spared of this kind of pain. What a question to wrestle with. I keep crying out to God and I keep getting the same answer, "trust me... you will never get answers to all this."

For now, this has kept me. I have had to pray the verse of "taking every thought captive to Christ" this week so that I don't allow my mind to go to the dark places of the would ifs.

Sweet Thomas has learned many lessons and I am just so proud of him for listening to his big brother even when he really didn't want to. He then got pneumonia and we have all been home watching a lot of tv! I am so thankful he is now better...

3 comments:

Taylor Wise said...

It is so amazing to read this post and then your post from August 17 and Bobby talking about stealing a kid. You wonder where such a thought came from, but God knew what to teach him and how to protect him. Amazing!

Tiffany said...

So, so scary Martha and the "what-ifs" can be a very dark place. Joyful your little men are safe!

Tina said...

You know, I read this several days ago and it really didn't sink in what had happened. It did this morning, and I'm so thankful that God gave Bobby wisdom and courage, as well as the ability to act! What a precious gift these boys are!