Thursday, February 10, 2011

Created for Care Retreat




Do you ever feel stumped how to communicate what has happened to you sometimes in life? After getting home from the adoptive mommas retreat, it is difficult for me to put into words all that occured. I have never had a weekend like this in my life; I saw God heal places in people's lives and felt his presence constantly. One of the highlights of the weekend was having a "date with God". I didn't have any expectations for this so when I walked in this cozy room and saw all the different stations, my heart felt warm.... like ah! I have been waiting to relax like this for years! There was a station with pillows under a tent where praise music was playing intended for listening to God, there was a station with Bibles, one with countries where you could pick the one God led you to, to pray for, a play dough station, a painting station, and a sticky note section where you could write your prayer requests. My blunt personality was thinking, "Is God going to really speak to me and show me what to paint? or Is God going to show me what to make with play dough really?" I believed that he would, but I think I was somewhat of a skeptic. So you get to pick where to go first... I almost ran to the place where I could just listen and receive. Within ten seconds I was crying. This doesn't happen to me that often because sometimes I feel like I have to schedule crying into my schedule. These were not tears of sadness, they were just tears of relief. Within about a minute, call me crazy, but I HEARD in my heart and mind God say these words to me... " I love you Martha; I see what you are doing." This is not a common occurence for me. I typically hear God speak through Scripture, but not necessarily just listening. I didn't feel like he was saying, "I see that you are adopting, etc..." I felt like he was saying, "I see you when you sweep so many times, clean up spills, coupon, etc..." This was so tender to me because I think I had gotten to a place where I had forgotten He sees me in all things. Again, it is too hard to put into words, but when something like this happens, parts of you are made new, restored, and ready for life again..... the theme I would say for me was RESTORATION.

4 comments:

and 2 became 5 said...

precious words - and that picture of me is awful. i totally want your hair. i would like to adopt your hair.
and in all seriousness...your time with God reminded me that He does see....and that is such an honor.

Sara said...

Just an awesome weekend! I wasn't even planning on going to the date with God and then felt like I needed to. I may have to post on that, too. Your talk on your adoption ministry was great! I'm sure I'll be contacting you in the future. Just praying that God will direct my husband and I on the first step and put people who will walk along with us!

The Deavours Family said...

I can put reading this post into A word. "jealous"...thanks for sharing....it was encouraging. so happy you had this time!

Unknown said...

Glad I found your blog!! I appreciate your honesty. I actually loved the date with God too, surprisely..