Monday, January 5, 2009

3 days away from any children.








We went to Charleston for three nights to my friend Katie's wedding, and I can honestly say it was the most enjoyable wedding yet. I met so many incredible friends, it just inspired me to be a better friend, to stay in touch better, to appreciate so many gifted young people. She was the most beautiful bride and the most free! She even got on stage and sang "We are family" without hesitation. Brave and not even scary! Her husband battled cancer for the past year and what a celebration they had. You can tell when you are around people who know the gift of life.

To get to sleep in, eat amazing food, spend time with friends, have fluid conversations, hang out with your husband, and just have fun... it was the greatest gift. I felt so refreshed. Coming home was like being thrown to the lions. In 15 minutes, there were 30 needs that had to be met. I just kept taking deep breaths. I think Jesus did my day for me today because I just went through the stress thinking, "I can do this," and by a miracle I didn't lose my cool. I think my children were grateful mommy came home rested and not snappy!

To be blessed with even one friend such as Katie, is beyond more than my share. As her gift to her bridesmaids and party was a small painting of a scene of Charleston she had painted herself... talk about sacrifice and love.

No comments: