




It is a big deal to now have a six year old. There is something different in this age. It is almost as if I can take a deep breath and think, we have made it this far already. On the flip side, there is a lot that makes me sort of weepy thinking that life is so fast. I know people say you blink, but it is so true. I feel like we just moved to Atlanta when Bobby was 6 weeks old, and now I look around me and have 4 children. Each that is so uniquely made. The other day, I was getting breakfast ready and Bobby put Sydney in her seat, buckled her, put her tray on, and then said, "Sydney, hug...". He is definitely my helper. I used to struggle with how much he does, but I realized that is silly. I realized what an incredible lesson he is getting daily by being the first and being someone who will contribute so much to whatever it is he will do later in life. He is incredibly responsible and corrects me often.
At the beach, a trash bag blew away and he ran all the way down to get it, which was incredibly far. As he was walking up the boardwalk, it flew to the next house again. I said, "Bobby don't worry, you can let it go." His eyes were enormous. He said, "What in the world mom!". I then kept quiet and he went and retrieved it. He then said, "I saved the world mom." Oh...
His baseball party was so Bobby, having bases, outline of a diamond, 90 degrees, all his buddies, and of course putting on eye black. It was quite a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment