Thomas is famous for coming out of his shell when it just him. I was the Mystery Reader in his class and brought in three books to read to his class. You would have thought I brought in bags full of candy, he was so excited. He got to sit next to me, but he couldn't sit still for a moment. He wanted to talk the entire time I was ready. I read the book "Wemberly Worry" and asked if anyone in the class worries... Thomas jumps up and shouts...." My brother Bobby worries about robbers! I am not scared of anything--not monsters or bears!" Thank you Thomas. The things they internalize. I know he has watched his brother worry so much after the man asked him to get in the car last Fall.
We have made great progress with Bobby's fears. We had the elders come pray with him a week ago, and I can honestly say we have a completely different child. His confidence is back; his love and engagement in life are back.... the fog is beginning to lift. We all have that skip in our step again. We didn't really know it was gone, but we did know we were having to pray about our own worry. One step at a time....
No comments:
Post a Comment