When have we ever missed this much school and have been unable to leave the house... not in my lifetime here! It feels just unrepeatable. This break has satisfied something so deep in my soul. To slow to this pace is beautiful. I love not having anything to do; finding all those things you have shelved for months that take way too much time to pull down and do. I love watching movies, drinking hot chocolate, getting all snow gear on and just feeling that cool, crisp air while you are sweating underneath. I love that the activity is just the go outside. That is what is all about. My FAVORITE memories as a child were snow storms. Patience is deep, gentleness abounds, and memories are made. Children are cared for in ways that busyness neglects. No begging to do things that aren't possible, just laziness, yet productiveness. Finding all the stuff in the pantry you don't know why you own and making concoctions. After doing that, realizing it didn't taste all that great and baking something sweet that fills that desire. We are hoping for one more day off, making it a 10 day relaxation stint! Bring it on...
Thursday, January 13, 2011
SNOW!!!!
When have we ever missed this much school and have been unable to leave the house... not in my lifetime here! It feels just unrepeatable. This break has satisfied something so deep in my soul. To slow to this pace is beautiful. I love not having anything to do; finding all those things you have shelved for months that take way too much time to pull down and do. I love watching movies, drinking hot chocolate, getting all snow gear on and just feeling that cool, crisp air while you are sweating underneath. I love that the activity is just the go outside. That is what is all about. My FAVORITE memories as a child were snow storms. Patience is deep, gentleness abounds, and memories are made. Children are cared for in ways that busyness neglects. No begging to do things that aren't possible, just laziness, yet productiveness. Finding all the stuff in the pantry you don't know why you own and making concoctions. After doing that, realizing it didn't taste all that great and baking something sweet that fills that desire. We are hoping for one more day off, making it a 10 day relaxation stint! Bring it on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my, I wish our snow days were more like yours!!! Especially the 'patience is deep' part!
xoxo
You are so fun! I need more of you in my life...regularly. For real. LOVE that picture of Sidney. I want to frame it and put it in my own house...
Post a Comment