Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The fun is just beginning...





So as you can see from the lack of blog updates, life has been busy. The first picture is of our first outing with all of us. We had a friend pack us a wonderful picnic and we went to the park nearby. It was the first time I am sure Andrew had been in the water and he had a blast. You can see from the other pictures, he is becoming Cook material pretty fast and just copies Bobby and Thomas. We turned on the slip n' slide and he just giggled and giggled. He fell in the pool below and just came up with water dripping and a big grin. We are falling in love more and more every day. A neighbor came over today and Sydney cooed over and over and I felt like the mom who wanted to yell, do you see how cute she is...! It is funny with these two that you feel like you can brag since they aren't from your genes. Feel free to tell me to stop.

Today as I reflected on the four, I realized how incredible it was that the Lord can give you such unique love for each child. Each one is made so differently and so beautifully. It is neat to see our own little body of Christ and its gifts working together. We are growing a lot. When you return from a trip such as ours, it strikes us daily of how the journey only continues. It doesn't stop in the U.S.; God has been growing us just as much. I am shocked by my impatience, my quickness to want to fix it all fast, my quick temper, my quick everything because of just being on the edge. I am realizing so much that God has brought this into my life to help me die to more of my sin. God gives you so much patience with each child and you think you master parts of it, and then you add one more child or two and you just stare that sin of impatience in the face again and watch God transform in you all over again. I think I need 20 more to get it all out.

Bobby and Thomas have been more than amazing. That has been the biggest shock to me in that I prepared for meltdown after meltdown. They have just rolled with it. The timing could not have been more perfect with Andy having half days for two months. I just look at the clock and think, anyone can make it until 1 pm. Then it is 1 pm and I just smile, thinking all we have to do today is love on these children. It feels so amazing to see the love God can give you for these little ones.

3 comments:

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

That is awesome how you are all settling in. Thanks again for all you have done for us. Hopefully, when Delylah gets home we can have a play date.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update...you are right they ARE beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This entire post (and video, and pics) had me smiling with tears welling. We have to plan a playdate soon. The boys will have a blast (er, splash) with each other for sure!

Brian and Laura
(Max too!)