Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A new week

Every night when I get in bed, I am exhausted as I am sure so many of us are, but when I wake up each morning, I am always blown away by the fact that my mind is renewed, my body is renewed, I can do another day, and all is restored. I am not saying I just wake up ready to go, but I don't feel at all like I did the night before. I can remember my Dad telling me numerous times during childhood, "you just need to sleep on it and tomorrow it will feel so much better." At the time I didn't like that much, but if I were honest, it was true. What feels so tiring, heavy, and stressful at night, seems completely different in the morning. "His mercies are new every morning." This is the verse I have clung to this week as I try to fix my eyes on the author and perfecter of my faith and not myself this week. When I fix my eyes on myself, it is not good. I keep looking up...

I am doing a Beth Moore Bible study right now and the quote is in my mind for good, "The only way up in God's economy is to get down."... you can just imagine me with my face to carpet praying and crying out to God. Man it feels good. All the other stuff just doesn't cut it... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so right. a good night's sleep does wonders for my soul.