Friday, April 3, 2009
Can we say at the end of my rope?
This week pretty much killed me. Four kids truly almost made me pull my hair out. Sydney has been on and off sick for awhile so she is just a mess when she doesn't feel up to par, but that is just a side note. I am just soooooooooooooo tired. I have nothing to say this week except that I know it is God who keeps my family existing because He steps in at the very last moment each time when I know in my heart I cannot take one more step of life. This happened for me today with two dear friends and they just let me cry it all out. Praise the Lord for Him delivering me just when you feel like the swell of the water is going to take over. What burden that was lifted. You know you are at the end of your rope when you haven't looked and daydreamed at your kids in quite a long time... finally had those moments today as I just stared at their round little faces and froze a few of those moments in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
martha, wish we had talked this week...thanks for calling me. i had a similar week (well couple of weeks). don't know if it is the rain, a lack of consistency on my part with discipline or a lack of time in prayer/in the word. maybe it is a combo. hoping/praying this week is better for us both.
So much of the time it is about God working in spite of us, despite all our flaws and issues and screw-ups, isn't it? I thank Him that He does do that every day for us, as we seek Him and try to raise our little soldiers for Christ.
Martha, I am so sorry that you had such a hard week. I seem to feel like this a lot lately...just exhausted and not enjoying much of anything. I guess the good news is that it is o.k. and totally normal. You are being a wonderful mommy to four precious kids...and it is a VERY difficult job. God is working!
Post a Comment