Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blog udate...








I can't seem to find time to update lately. My computer stinks lately so that is half the battle and the other half is my oldest son is the most curious child on Earth it seems. He is fascinated with how everything works and asks me questions incesssantly. This morning at 9 am, he is already telling me how he is going to make water skis out of the top of a box to legos and all he needed was some duct tape to make the hoops for his feet. He then needed rope or ribbon he says and then he needed... etc...etc... He seems to love help with all of his projects. One day he will have his own craft closet so he can just go to town. Even since I have written this paragraph he has asked me to rip the duct tape, if he can go see Sydney in her crib, and reminded Andrew and Thomas, " Daddy has set the timer for two minutes and we aren't allowed to ask them any questions." Then he says to me, "Mom don't wreck our lake house we just built." He now has just said, "Is the two minutes over? Maybe you should start it over since I just talked?"... You can imagine it isn't a thrill to try to reflect and be interupted 20 times, but hey, some day I will be missing it big time.

I will take a stab at updating... Here are some pictures of Snow Mountain. We went there for Thomas' 4th birthday at Stone Mountain. It was quite the sight to see them go down a 10 foot hill a hundred times. They loved it and I don't think Thomas said two words, he just wanted to sled. Andrew on the otherhand had to have things his way. If you are a parent you know what it means to hit a "new phase" and when you are coming into it you don't know you are even getting into it. It is only when it all hits the fan you realize things must change. Andrew had a "Daddy" attachment for about 5 days that was incredibly strong. Some may think that is good, but that 5 days was really tough. It wasn't natural or healthy so at Stone Mountain, we were trying to allow other people to help him. That didn't work out so well. He would just scream and scream if Granbo and Gigi (grandparents) helped or if I did. Not good...
Like anything in parenting you realize something is going on here and you tolerate it for a few days and then you think, ugh, this isn't good. So after 5 days of Cook bootcamp ( Thomas told me the other day he wanted to go to bootcamp this summer...I am glad they don't quite understand what that means) and many times of not allowing him to go to Daddy, we survived and he is back. It made us think a lot about how different it is at times parenting an adopted child. At first we thought it was an incredibly good step of attaching so well to one of us, but then realized it was manipulative. It was a blessing to reflect and think of how much security he is longing for and trying to test and see how things work in a family.
The Lord is always faithful; just when you think, I have had it up to here, he delivers you into the next phase...

No comments: