

A few more of Sydney...I am so grateful for my little girl. I think I could eat her! Today she has a fever and slept until 10, hence why I am able to blog like crazy. She has those sad little puppy eyes; I feel guilty being happy that I get so many cuddles.
On another note, I have done something to my foot two years ago, and every time I wear flip flops in the summer it gets worse. I was going to get it checked out last year and with the adoptions, I never got to since the pain wasn't too bad. A month ago I finally got it checked out and my second toe is almost dettached from my foot. So they put me on prednazone for 10 days. They put me on triple the average dose, which I didn't know at the time. For the first 3 days I thought I am running around like a crazy woman going 100 miles per hour, by the third day my mood swings were so up and so down, I thought something has happened to me. The 4th day, I cried all day about nothing. I thought oh my goodness, how can you wake up and just be depressed. The 5th day we figured it out. We googled the medicine and boy, I was relieved. I just thought, how in the world would I be able to handle being a mother of four feeling like this. I called the doctor and he reminded me that he put me on a "whopper" of a dose and that it was normal to feel this way. I begged and begged to get off, but he said I needed to stay on it to see if there was a tear in my foot.
For the next week, truly I walked around like I was drunk. I felt like I could run for miles, and every time a child screamed in my house, I pretty much screamed. I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. I survived it in the end, and boy did God use that to give me a grateful heart. All week I have just been thinking about all the people who suffer from intense diseases who have to be put on this drug all the time. Truly, I have more compassion for these folks. The worst part is you can't concentrate and you just walk around your house not even knowing what you are doing.
The bonus of all of it is that during that time Andy told me I could get a weekend away to help (this was before we knew it was the medicine and thought it was the kids)... so next weekend my sister is treating me to a weekend in the Highlands! Whooohoo.... Andy has spring break.
No comments:
Post a Comment