


I had to give a little talk on Ethiopia at Bobby's preschool last week and like I said in the previous entry, Bobby is just a take charge kind of kid. He talked about it for weeks, planned what I was going to say, told me what to do, and I just showed up. He was so proud; he even made Sydney an Ethiopian outfit out of a costume my Mom brought home from Egypt. I suggested it may look a little Egyptian, but he seemed to think he had seen pictures of Ethiopians looking like this. He then went on to embellish it just like the ones he and his brothers were going to wear; it actually did look just like them. I brought injera, tibs, and salad for the kids to enjoy, and guess who ate it all, Bobby!
Another preschool story is their school pictures. I don't have good luck with these because by the time I find out it is the day, they are already at school when I check the calendar. I think too because I take so many pictures, I don't really worry about THE school picture, not to mention it is preschool and I have to weigh do I want to buy more groceries or do I need the pic. One year Bobby had spent the night with my sister and didn't have any clothes with him so he had torn the knee of his pants the day before. I didn't remember it was picture day and he just had the biggest grin beside the big hole in his knee. This year, the day before Bobby and Thomas put Andrew and Sydney's baby oil in their hair to try to spike it. It didn't quite work since it was completely limp and just oily. The next day I washed their hair three times trying to get out of the door. Finally, I gave up and sent them off. My friend Claudia dropped Thomas off and reminded me it was picture day.
I looked at what Thomas was wearing and thought, hummmm.... and then he took off his hat and I thought oh, no. This year he had the gel look apparently. They also sent the pictures online this year for all the parents to see, and lo and behold, you scroll down and see cute little T with his greased up hair.
1 comment:
Did you make all that ethiopian food? I STILL haven't tried to make anything myself.
Post a Comment