Thursday, May 21, 2009

First day of summer

This was our first day with no one in school. I was a bit nervous about it thinking how am I going to do this patiently for 3 months... well, the first day is always deceiving where you take those deep breaths before you say things you didn't want to in a tone not so nice. One day down...! Whew...

The kids played baseball for at least 3-4 hours total today. That is the newest thing they are in to so I am extremely thankful for this interest; there are no messes, no crafts, no spills, and they are OUTSIDE! They asked me for some rock-n-roll music at 8:30 am to play outside while playing, and I am hoping the neighbors still like us. I thought Dave Matthews was mild enough.

2 comments:

shell said...

our kids would LOVE to play together!! my boys have been so into baseball too!! though our new backyard is quite small.....so home-runs abound! :)

Tina said...

If there a formula for taking that deep breath before you say things in a not-so-nice tone? If so, I need a BIG batch! I fear summer break will be my downfall. . .

/tina