




I always laugh when I think of children's sports because I can remember my parents talking about other parents and all the different opinions and ways parents acted when watching their child play sports. I learned quickly which way I did not want to be. Thankfully after soccer this year, I was prepared for my son playing t-ball. Children's sports are definitely as entertaining for the parents as they are for the children.
All I have to say is I try to not show any emotion so my child will not think the way they do anything matters and that all I care that they know is that they are loved. Well, reality sometimes comes into conflict with your ideals and you find yourself cheering very loudly and think, "did I just scream that loudly for a 5 year old?" Who knew we could be so overjoyed when a child slams one... I will confess, it is sort of like when you go to a football game and see the band and the cheerleaders and everyone is cheering... for some reason I sometimes get teary at those events even when I don't know the team or school. I think it is just getting excited all together. I find myself tearing up over a t-ball game at times and that just shocks me. The things you could never predict before you are a parent. It isn't that you are so proud that your child is "good" or that they hit one; it is really you are freezing in time that moment that the sun is shining, your boy is in a cute little uniform on a Saturday morning, hanging out with friends, and thinking.... this is the American dream people talk about sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment